Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reflections

Finally, I'm done....yes, yes, yes!!! Wow, I remember feeling very stressed out and apprehensive about this 11 tool online training. I'm a very computer challenged person and although I've heard and have seen many of these stuff such as some of the iPhone apps, Wikis, blogging, digital storytelling (my husband does many of these), I've never tried them out. Working through each of the tools has been very stressful yet exciting and has been such a great learning experience for me. I can't wait to show and teach my students some of these tools. I know I still have a long way to go but with appropriate support from others and practice on my part, I believe I can do it.

Some of the tools that I really, really like are the digital/photo story telling, wikis and some of the iPhone apps like the Math games. Our class can create a photo story to retell a favorite story or maybe a photo story to summarize their learning on a unit (e.g. magnets, dinosaurs, etc.)

This experience has opened up to me so many exciting possibilities that for sure would greatly enhance my teaching and support the creativity of the students and the learning that takes place in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment