Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tool # 4 Cool Google tools

What I like about Google Doc is that it saves you time and is an efficient collaboration tool, with teachers and among students as well. For my students, it will be a good tool for interactive writing, where they can share and pass ideas around to each other for editing and publishing. I also like the fact that it's not only the teacher who can view the work but the students themselves which I think is pretty powerful because learning is acquired not only from the teacher but students can learn from each other as well.

Here is a document I made on a Garage Sale we had recently. Please feel free to review and comment. Stories are welcome!

My Google Document

As far as google reader goes, I see it as another powerful tool to help me plan my lessons. When planning a lesson, I try to look up websites and other stuff that I might find relevant to the lesson and would also meet students' needs and provide meaningful experiences. This google reader would be efficient and a time saver, having the information all in one place for me to read. For my students, I see it as an additional source for research and obtaining information and current events and ideas for brainstorming, discussion and writing.

I subscribe to a few feeds such as education, music, history, etc.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are making great progress on the 11 Tools! I do have to tell you that with the beautiful tree picture in your background it is VERY HARD to read your blog. I don't know if you can add a background color that would make it easier to read your text.

    On a different note: If you need help with any of the 11 Tools, I will be glad to assist you any way that I can!

    ReplyDelete